View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
My dream car

Yes, that's right, I drove my dream car.

Can't find pictures yet

1969 Ram Air IV GTO. Black, Black Vinyl top,off white interior, Positraction 3.90 Gears Four speed Muncie close ratio with a super wild for the times cam at 320 and 308 duration also had the higher ratio rockers for more lift, don't remember specs.

It also had limited travel hydraulic lifters which would go solid after a certain rpm and allow 7000RPM. Surprised many a chevy with that RPM capability.
high rise Aluminum intake manifold and special cast headers, round ports, I forget the valve sizes.

Rated at 370HP (Crank), but it was rumored to put out much more, like 425 to 450HP at the crank. Don't remember the torque.

Fully loaded: you couldn't get AC, but it had power windows, power antenna, simulated wood wheel, trailier towing package which gave motor increased cooling, oversized radiator. Retractable headlights, not sure if it had front disc brakes, my brain just can't retrieve the data.
AM FM with Cassette(I think)

I think they made only 500 or so of these in 1969.

Jim