View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #2
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
I wonder what the trunk space will be like for the new Camaro. That will play a big role in my purchasing decision. I sure hope its better than the non-existant cargo space of the 4th gen. One of the things that prevented from getting the 4th gen (other than price) was the practically zero trunk space due to the T-roofs. Will the trunk space be significantly greater? Will it have folding rear seats? I'm banking on that. I need the storage and cargo space for weekend getaways and such. That's where my Acura RSX is so handy and convenient. Its a small hatchback. But has a big trunk for a small car and when you fold the seats down, it has tons of space. I hope the Camaro offers the same.
Although I will certainly want a trunk that I can actually use, it will not be much of a deciding factor in my purchasing decision. I have the everyday go-getter for that. With that said, I certainly wouldn't expect more cargo area than the current GTOs, and even that may be wishful thinking. From what Lutz had been quoted as saying, the Camaro will use the short rear, short midsection, and long front section of the Zeta chassis...

As for the fold-down rear seats, if they stick with the 2+2 configuration they have now, i would doubt they will have a fold down design. That design just doesn't seem like it would work well folding rear seats, but I have no idea...
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote