View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #41
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
They don't need to, and I think its blown out of proportion by people. The Z/28 may spank the C7 stingray around any given track, but these 2 are such polar opposites why would it even matter. Even when the Z06 with a the Z07 track package comes out, the Z06 will still be full featured car and not stripped out like the Z/28. Since the 2 are so opposite, might as well squeeze every last drop of performance out each platform.
The two cars are not "polar opposites" in my opinion.

Check this board and elsewhere and you will easily read the angst in some people over which car to choose, and this is especially telling in the people who state they cannot afford the car and simply comment as unbiased observers. Such comments are telling because these people have no skin in the game either way, yet they are considering both cars.

There are differences, but the sum of those differences do not create polar opposites to this buyer. Unless I required four passenger seating, I may lean one way or another, but I would still consider both under the same tent and within comparable performance envelopes.

However, I agree with your comment that "[GM] does not need to protect the Corvette." My point was that there is a great temptation, unwise in my opinion, to do so. Yet GM allowed the Camaro engineers go out and do their thing as best they could, granting access to the Corvette Z06 engine as well as sharing the Brembo brake system with the Stingray Z06.

I thank everyone involved in the decision to respect the wisdom found in creating a competitive internal culture.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote