View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
reflexx

Drives: Corvette C7 Torch Red LT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And don't forget you still have to add/install all the hardware... the factory roof is just the shell (inner/outer). You will need to purchase weatherstrips, retainers, plates, shims, covers, handles, brackets, latch, bolts, and washers.

The latch, the 2 handles, and the pair of side weatherstrips are the priciest of the components... that rear latch is nearly $300 retail and it's one of the two carryover parts from the C6! Attached is the parts/components scans for reference. In the first scan, you will need to order all components except #3 and 10 since it comes already installed on the transparent top. In the second scan, you will need to order #3, 4, 21, and 22 only.

It all adds up to at least another $650+ unless you decide to transfer all the components from your existing roof panel (which will make one unusable).

Wow thanks for the details! im debating if i should get that or just order one whole new set, I honestly dont have a problem swapping out parts but i didnt know it was that many!
reflexx is offline   Reply With Quote