View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #6
OperativeXIV

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate GM View Post
I had to comment after I saw how many similarities we have in our story. I'm 19 and used to own a 2012 V6 Camaro as well. I sold it last Fall and will be ordering a 2014 Corvette Stingray 2LT Z51 next week. It sounds terrible, but I couldn't take the V6 jokes anymore and wanted something newer, faster, and better looking (even though the Camaro looks great). I also wanted something that had some higher quality materials like aluminum, carbon fiber, and leather rather than plastic.

Even though I technically don't own one yet, I would HIGHLY suggest buying a C7. I've been researching the car for over a year and it simply blows away all of the competition. Have you seen the car in person yet? If not I would recommend stopping by a local dealership and checking it out, I was literally speechless when I saw it in person
Havn't had a chance to see one in person yet except for a few glimpses in traffic 2 or 3 times - including a beautiful Crystal Red Tintcoat just yesterday! I took my car in for service a few weeks ago hoping to at least see one in person, possibly sit in it so I can figure out if I'd fit in one, but the dealership didn't have any on site even though they listed two in stock. I figure all in due time though... all in due time.

I've been lucky enough to not hear anything backhanded about my V6, except for the general stuff you hear online. I definitely agree with you that something with a little (or a lot...) more power and a sleeker look is what's drawn me to the C7. That and the fact that the Camaro's backseat is such a joke that I might as well have a two seater anyway, which was my main turn off for corvettes before.