View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #32
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
The thread title says it all.

Maybe we should develop technology that disables the safety equipment of a car when the driver is drunk. That way, if you're dumb enough to drive drunk and want to kill people you die too.
I remember some time back where there was discussion about installing a Breathalyzer in the car of a multi-time drunk driver and the driver had to blow beneath the legal limit for the car to start. That would be a good solution for problems like this. Of course, habitual drunk drivers would probably find a "friend" that would blow for them. Has anybody got any updates on this technology?

My sympathies to the families of those killed. Camaros and their drivers do not need this kind of public exposure.

My apologies for repeating this as I just read the previous post about AZ having this law. It should be national.

As far as this violating your "civil rights" and freedoms, aren't things like stop lights, stop signs, speed limits, seat belt laws, etc. in the same category as this? One could even argue that all laws are infringements on our civil rights, but without them we would have a lot more problems than the civil rights issue.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote