View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I didn't attend last year or any year C5fest and i'd love to go sometime as i read all about it every year i've been on this site. The one thing i heard bad about last year was the Classes in drag. I know mlee does the best beyond belief to help keep everything feasible and make everyone happy but i recall the Joe Schmoe racers who put hard work into their own cars unsponsored got really upset with having full shop sponsored cars in their class. I'm not telling anyone that organizes C5 to change anything i think they do an awesome job but you may want to add in or maybe seperate fully shop sponsored cars from those who aren't.

Besides if you need a good reason why not make a shop sponsored class i'm sure those few places and teams of people would love bragging rights on C5 because in all honesty a shop car going up against people who sunk their own money and sweat and tears in Supercharged SS's case with his blown engines aren't going to be able to compete at the same level and it's not entirely fair to have them placed 4th or 5th because there were 3 or 4 cars with professional pit crews and mechanics around to adjust stuff. I have no issue myself with a pro driver in a car or a weekend warrior going head to head i've been in enough drag races to know pro driver doesn't always mean winner.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote