View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #12
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
For me, the issue with summer tires driven cold wasn't necessarily the overall grip, but the point at which grip was lost. That was a difficult point to determine. With the tires warm I can feel the level of grip change, but with the same tires driven in cold days all I could feel was decent grip then suddenly no grip. Once lost, so was control. While driving cautiously and trusting my own judgement I felt reasonably safe, but throw in all the idiots we share the roads with, I just didn't want the unpredictabilty at the limit. All seasons went on and I've had no trouble in several inches of snow and as low as 16 below zero. Come spring I'll get a second set of wheels and reinstall the factory summer tires.
16 below zero damn! !

I had track tires like that before. Really made no noise. U could feel where it start to slip then bam it really loses grip..
Coldest been here the summers still pull .8Gs before cutting lose. I cut them lose on purpose sometimes for fun it oversteers in the cold. These summer arent bad. Very controllable
Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote