View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #31
Buzzardz_vette
Remove Before Flight

Drives: 2014 Cpe Z51 2LT Torch Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by binko View Post
I installed mine this morning. It's quite easy. Most time consuming part is lifting the car properly.
Once you have the car jacked WAY up, the OEM connector is on the SIDE of the transmission on the drivers side. The connector is not immediately visible because it has a thermal jacket around it to protect the wire from hitting the exhaust pipe. Just slide that cylindrical shape protector back and the plug will be exposed. Reach in with a small screwdriver to release the latch and pull the plug out. Install the eliminator between the trans and the original plug (it will only go one way-you can't make a mistake) and strap it back up. Be sure to position so that it does not touch the exhaust pipe.
I see two connections on the driver's side of the transmission. One low and one high on the side. I tried the lower one and the connections don't fit. They are shaped differently. Is it the upper one that I'm supposed to use?

Buzzardz_vette is offline   Reply With Quote