View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I am very good friends with Joe (owner/creator of NightOwl) and my car was one of his beta testing cars. I have become very familiar with his kit and everything behind the scenes. Joe is extremely passionate about his kits and yes while everything in life is about turning a profit, Joe is more focused on delivering a exceptionally high quality product that is the best on the market. I can without a doubt say that this is true. The level of customer service you get with Joe is bar none and he is always there if you have an issue. If you shoot him an email, I guarantee you'll have an email back within an hour.

Like the saying always goes, "If you're gonna do something right, do it right the first time." Well this definitely applies here in that buy his kit from the start and never look back. Your options will be endless as you can expand on this kit and control multiple lighting options.

It would be a waste of money to buy someone else's kit just to know you are going to upgrade to the NightOwl later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePhantomSS View Post
ok so if i buy the gen5 kit first and want to upgrade to the nightowl everything will still be a go? ive been following nightowl posts and they been working on the android app for months. im a really big android person and dont want anything to do with apple
What a lot of people have done with this issue is they buy an old/used iPod touch that can be upgraded to at least iOS 6 (I think you can get one for around $75 bucks) and use that until the android app releases. Once it releases you can then resell the iPod touch and recoup a lot if not all of your money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
Can the RGB LEDs in the halo kit from Night Owl not create white light?
Absolutely they can! I just tried to take a picture with my iPad but the light was too over powering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Nightowl can create a white light but you have to fine tune it on the color wheel
Yes you can do that and once you have your white selected you can go into settings and mess around with the "color correction" setting to fine tune each LED to produce the best white that looks exactly the same in each individual halo!