View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
BPhillyc7

Drives: C7 Z51 Mag Ride, ECC
*NEW SOFTWARE NOW AVAIABLE TO UPDATE IC BRIGHTNESS*

OK. Just got back from the dealer with the update. I have only driven the car a few miles so this review may be a little incomplete. I have attached the bulletin below. 4 lighting modules were updated. BCM-HVAC-RADIO and IPC.

1)The Instrument Cluster is much brighter. Very Nice. In daytime mode, you can not adjust the display luminescence level to the left of the steering wheel. This may have been the way it used to be as well (I never tested it in daytime before). Regardless, no issues whatsoever in daytime conditions.

2) It started to rain, so my lights toggled on and the display switched over to night mode. The transition was evident. It is 100% better than the old murky low light display. They did a very good job in recalibrating the brightness levels. Much, much better
The light level knob to the left of the steering wheel is controllable in Night conditions and controls the Instrument Cluster as well as the Infotainment Screen smoothly and simultaneously. It has a wide range of movement all the way to complete dark / off.

3) The update will cause you to lose all of your radio presets. I spent a lot of time putting together and renaming 20 presets a few weeks ago. No problem...I will redo them tonight.

4) Your radio EQ and Balance will default back to normal.

5) My Vehicle Lighting preferences changed. No big deal. Already reset my Exit Lighting to my preferred mode (off).

6) Software update now indicates 23141791

7) My Driver Mode programming, HUD and Pocket Gauges had to be reset and Linked. No problem, took 1 minute when I got home.

Hope this helps you guys. I am very happy with the update. Nicely done!
BPhillyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote