View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #40
SlitherByU

Drives: 2018 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chados View Post
I wouldn't go that far but you're right-those Bilsteins aren't real smooth. I went for the ZL1 because you can't get a sunroof or telescoping steering column on a Mustang, for one thing. They're great cars but they'll beat you to death and I either have to have my knees jammed up under the wheel or have my arms stretched out all the way to drive them. Just not a good trip car, but they are Godawful fast in a straight line. I just think the ZL1 is a better balanced package. I like mine a lot.
At 6'1 I was pretty comfortable in the Recaros after a 900 mile round trip in the 14. But I did feel as you do with regard to seat position in the previous gen stang. That's why I bought a SS back then. Loved that LS1...world beater at the time. Also, to be fair the suspension setting in the GT500 is sport and normal. Sport will beat you around on a bumpy road but it smooths out well in normal mode. Definitely a softer ride in the rear in normal mode and when I tap into the 662 HP, the rear squats down and we have lift off. I don't expect to many on this board to know what that's like tho... I kid, I kid.

Got no use for a sunroof. It was either vert or hardtop for me. Chose the HT because of the extra goodies available and no speed limiter. Glass roof is an option but I wasn't feelin that either. Kinda like ridin a clear dome covered motorcycle...which I thought would be gay.
SlitherByU is offline   Reply With Quote