Thread: Z51 Constraint
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #39
Highway 61

Drives: 2014 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I am not sure I understand your first question, but if I do the answer is yes. 99% (may not be accurate but you get the idea) of all orders are dealer stock. Having several hundred retail sold orders is not normal unless the vehicle is something like a Corvette or a heavy duty truck. You may have noticed the one thing both segments have in common is the extraordinary number of options and choices compared to most vehicle lines.

Every two weeks dealers are told the allocated numbers for each vehicle line and at this time they indicate which of each they will take. During this consensus period the use it or lose and redistribution of allocation takes place.

Every Thursday the dealers are told how many of the two week consensus they can actually order. They have until the following Tuesday to actually match allocation against order. Here is where it gets complicated: there is an overlap: the second half of consensus will be a Tuesday order while the next consensus is beginning. I have not yet figured out a way to explain it better.

Laborsmith
Thanks for the information. Your right, I was not clear that I was talking about buying (ordering) a "retail sold order", but you still answered my question, that dealers would most likely be willing to discount one of their own non-Z51 coming in as "dealer stock", but not for a retail order. Correct?

From what you wrote, it sounds like the process works like this. During the two week consensus period (which runs continually) the dealers are told what's available every Thursday. The first Thursday they are told how many and what Corvettes are being built and the second Thursday are told how many they can actually order after allocation was done.
The first Tuesday in the consensus period is where the dealer says what they want to order from the last consensus period results. The second Tuesday is used by the manufacture to finalize allocations from the dealers want list.
Highway 61 is offline   Reply With Quote