View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
I can see ordering an automatic if an every-day driver especially in urban areas with stop-and-go traffic. But if it is not, what better experience is there in driving a sports car of this caliber of performance and excitement than the Rev Matching 7 Speed stick? I am 66 and soon-to-be-retired where my 3LT Torch Red & Adrenaline Red, black top Vert, Z51, Mag Select Ride, Perform Exhaust, w/black wheels, red calipers, black carbon fiber hood stinger, black carbon flash spoiler & mirrors, carbon-fiber & micro-fiber interior, etc. HAS TO HAVE the 7 Speed. Probably shall be my most driven car. After I get it likely some time next year, that very September when the kiddies are back in school and everyone is back to work from vacation, my hottie 5'7" 125lb. 67 YO rock-band lead-vocalist Ph.D. girlfriend and I, to whom I also am married, are getting in my C7 Vert headed across country and back for 5 weeks hitting all the northwest & southwest National Parks we can. This shall be hundreds if not thousands of shifts, but we shall be loving every one of them (Yes, she gets to drive and shift too, which she loves to do - Her current personal car is a shifter). So, unless you shall be stuck in traffic 24/7 with your C7, learn to shift, buy a 7 Speed, and don't look back.
You know... or unless you like paddleshifters.

Or if you have an ugly 5'2" 170lb. 43 YO back-up guitarist GED girlfriend, to whom you are not married, who's current personal car is not a shifter.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote