View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Bad News, Good News, and a Sept 9 TPW

My order is currently at 3300. I submitted a request and paid the fee for the Bowling Green facility Buyer's Tour two weeks ago. I got a call yesterday from Shane Webb of the National Corvette Museum.

He said, "I have good news and I have bad news". "OK", I replied, "Give me the bad first". He said, "We cannot fulfill your Buyer's Tour request and we are going to refund your $800 in full". He went on, "The good news is; your C7 will "probably" be built on the week of Sept 9th. Unfortunately, that's three weeks before we resume the Buyer's Tour Program on Sept, 30th".

Whoa! That caught me by surprise. I was really looking forward to flying down to Bowling Green and watch my car being built. However, getting my C7 much sooner than I expected, more than compensates for the passing disappointment. Instead of the buyers tour, maybe we'll get it soon enough to drive it up to northern Michigan for a fall color tour.

For your reference, last February, I was #45 on the allocation waiting list at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan. My order was submitted on May 30th and allocated in the 2nd July consensus. My car will be a Torch Red, Z51, 2LT with the usual array of options, but no FAY.

I have to go now. I need to shop on-line for one of those custom fitted Lycra car covers (see below). Come to think of it, I hope they're available for the C7 at this time, because I certainly can't park my new Stingray in the garage uncovered.

Mariano (Alfie)
Attached Images