View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #53
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Sounds like you have a sweet ride man, but, I sense a little over-confidence on your part.

03/04 Cobra's were factory beasts. To make 700 RWHP doesn't take a 200 Shot plus 25 PSI like some people here think. A Healthy 2.3 Whipple or 2. KB at 20 PSI with good supporting mods is a solid mid-high 6xx RWHP car that can easily run well into the 10's, even low 10's with mid 130 traps. Not bad for an old POS.

Now, I know the 1LE's are great handling cars, but, please don't dismiss that the 03 Cobra also handled very well, not only for it's time, but still does. I know my old 03 Cobra in the right hands would put a hurting on a lot of cars around the road coarse, even a 1LE

Some car owners are retards and I hate it when they hype their cars up to get you to back out so they can brag about it. If he is making that power, mid 8's is far-fetched to me, or he must have a gutted car. A full interior Cobra with 800 RWHP is a low-mid 9 second car with a good driver/auto swap.

In stock form, people get them to 700-800 RWHP and hold it without issue. The only weak links are the rear and the 10 spline transmission as well as the Pistons. It may be borrowed time, but, they hold the power unbelievably well.

What is done to your car if you don't mind me asking man?
At what point in this thread did I sound over confident? If you're talking about me that is bc at NO point did I express over confidence against this car.

You sir are OUT OF YOUR MIND if you think a 03-04 Cobra will out handle a 2013 1LE Camaro. Apparently the "Terminator" Mustangs had a lot more HP right from the factory vs a stock 1LE but even still. That was a very naive statement IMO. The 1LE runs almost identical times around Laguna Seca as the 662hp 2013 GT500 and the 1LE CONSISTANTLY outruns cars that are considered to be "faster" "better" "more expensive" etc etc

His car DID have a full interior and thats why I BOLDED the RUMORED @ 8 second car. I told the guy I didnt believe it bc 8.99 requires a roll cage of course AND a chute and his car didnt have anything of the sorts. Stock battery location, no "wheelie bar" capabilities set up in the rear.....just didnt jive to me as an 8 second car but that doesnt mean it's not close.

Feel free to click the link in my sig to see my build or check out my garage for a list of mods.

Thanks for the opinions.