View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #1196
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm re-investigating this idea:

Suppose a $125, or less (entry fee to the track), all-day track day was organized at Gingerman Raceway in Michigan? It'd include a six-hour (short as far as road-trips go, if you ask me...) Camarovan through Canada to the Grand Rapids area of Michigan...for a full day of a High Performance Driving Event [HPDE]. No "parade laps"...no "take it easy"...I'm taking about a full-throttle, tire-screaching track day!!.

There'd most likely be driving instructors on-hand to assist...and each of us would have around two hours track time....Gingerman is one of the most fun, yet safest tracks in the region to truly stretch your Camaro's legs. It is where the 1LE media drive took place when that car was launched.

V6s could have just as much fun as 1LEs or ZL1s...and we'd have a great "back-porch" Camaro social gathering at a hotel with the other Camaro folks who've traveled to be there?

It would probably be on a Friday to keep costs low for the attendees.

I'm currently working out the details with the track, and a couple sponsors, and I was hoping to get a few more takers from the Buffalo Crew to make the trip there interesting.