View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #1625
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
that's actually kind of cool. Like if I was still a bachelor, I would consider it.
Price is high compared to where I live now. Of course, I'm sure location/historical site has to do with price. Also, I found my new home in Houston last week, so, yay
I'm paying 605 right now for my current 600 sq.ft. apartment (that is old and sucks, except for the location in town is awesome).
Next month I will start paying 807 for a 720 sq.ft. apartment in Houston (fairly new, hardwood floors, 1st floor, much much better than my current one).

The grand scheme of things right now for my wife and I is to save up enough money over the next 2-3 years to pay down-payment and closing costs on a house...
It makes for a great way to revitalize an area and make use of an otherwise vacant structure. There's a mall in Cincinnati which would be perfect for this concept. In fact the layout of the mall when it was still vibrant and operational was divided into "neighborhoods" based on what was sold in each section.

The biggest challenge would be running plumbing and other utilities to each space. But if some of the anchors were still at the mall, and like in the case of the one in Cincinnati, one was a grocery store, it could be a very attractive location.