View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #41
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
Like I said earlier. It is what it is. Here is what I do know. I go to Chevrolet meetings and I have a little more information than the average salesperson when it comes to availability and what the early production numbers will be. if a dealer wishes to give employee pricing or discounts on Camaro's that is obviously his right. I did know that the ramp up was going to be very slow..I do not think we will ever agree on what is the best way to handle this situation. I know one thing alot of people will be dissapionted by the fact that they will not get their cars built as fast as they want or were promised. I have been in this business a long time and have seen what dealers do when they take deposits. Many end up moving people up on the list and alot of people get upset when they left a deposit first. I did not want to get into that game and I decided to not take deposits. you can flame me all you want but the fact is that more people will be pissed when they left a deposit and the dealer cannot get them a car. It is early yet but I think in time you will see even in this forum that people will get jerked around by people promising them the world. I on the other hand have made no promises. I ordered 2 cars so far and put them on Ebay. When more product becomes available..I am sure things will change. I understand some of the anger that I have recieved but to be honest I think it is getting a little out of hand. You can personally attack someone you have never met online and that is fine. I posted my number on the forum and was open and still am to speak with anyone that may call. I did not join the forum to sell cars. I joined the forum to give my side of some comments that I saw posted. I do not see many people that personally put themselves out their and do it. I just think the attacks on my character and my decisions are a little out of line. I have not been "bailed" out by anyone. I am a normal guy just like you who happens to sell cars for a living. But then again that statement already makes me an enemy to most of you. Enough said. To the people that have sent me nice emails and understand the situation I Thank You. To the others that are using me to vent all the anger they have about the lack of production.All I have to say is I am sorry you feel that way. Dan
Lack of production has nothing to do with why you are not selling your two cars to those who actually went to your dealer personally to show interest in the Camaro's... You can take a $500 refundable deposit the moment you were told by GM you would be getting two allocations. If you had taken those two orders from the first two people that were willing to order "sold orders" the way they wanted to customize the car, then you would have the right to tell other people coming in you cannot confirm that they will get the car quickly if they pre-ordered.. The fact you took both of the first allocations for yourself to sell and have the nerve to come on here and tell us all you were being honest to your customers from the get go when in fact you knew you would be getting at least two.. Gimme a break.. From the looks of things you have every intention of taking as many of the Camaro's you can get your hands on to sell on ebay to the highest bidder and keep on doing that until all the hype dies down and people realize the car is not so hard to find at dealerships anymore.. I don't have a problem with you utilizing ebay to sell your vehicles. However what I am upset about is simply that you did not use your original two allocations which should have been sold orders and taken them for yourself to sell on ebay.. You may view this as good business but it is ethically crummy business that drives potential lifelong customers running away... All those customers that were willing to put a deposit down for a Camaro, you should have them on a speed dial as soon as you get a new allotment guaranteed... And then you give them the opportunity to order the ones they want and at MSRP along with supplier/veterans and gms discounts applying..