View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #44
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
They can build them at the pl;ant they have now at a rate reasonable to everyone. The trouble is that they are hell-bent on making V-6 lot cars instead of V-8 ordered cars.

In spite of all the soothing comments and calming of nerves goimng on around here, I can assure you that the "Allocation Lottery" is DEFINITELY AND WITH NO DOUBT going to BURN quite a few of the enthusiasts because of their geographic location and proximity of competent dealerships and population density.

Many of you are going to be pleasantly surprised how fast your car comes... but I'm sure that 25-35% of you are going to have to swallow a bitter pill. At that point you're going to be outnumbered and beaten down for complaining about it by those lucky ones who got theirs.

It happened with the 4th gens and it will happen again. I am speaking from personal experience with the idiotic order process.
For a better overall production proccess they need to make V6s as well. The people on this board do not represent the average person buying a car. The people on this board all want to be the first one on the block with a V8. some people are going to get frustrated that they dont get theres FIRST. But realize that its nothing against you. Its not because GM doesnt care. Its because its not practical. If GM wanted to they could set production to be only V8s for MY 2010 and set MSRP at 60k then drop MY2011 and go.

I am not sure what you think GM doesnt care. They are trying to bring the car to market considering a host of factors. And customer satisfaction is one (if not the most important).