Thread: Katech Oil pump
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 09:10 PM   #12
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
@pauly1119, I totally sympathize with your situation. I'm right there with you. If the pump doesn't fail under warranty, I'm certainly taking it in. Obviously, I'm taking a chance that if the pump fails without warning, I'm out an engine. Luckily with only 1400 miles on it, I think it's still early. I will say that after an oil change the oil pressure went up to 40 at cold idle and settled down to 32 at warm idle, which is a bit higher. I did hit 55-60 cruising. I was glad to see it at 32 at warm idle though. That is reassuring for now... Please post videos and/or pictures, I think we are all interested who are in this situation.
Yes Ill post some pictures but I don’t get home from work until Monday morning. My car only has 7k miles but my warranty is up in August and I was tired of thinking about it to be honest. Heck I paid the same amount for PPF protection and this is probably the best thing I can do for the engine. I was already stupid with excessive oil changes and sending my oil for analysis.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote