View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 06:01 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
In all these discussions about all this a couple of things come to mind. First of all, the genie is already out of the bottle. It's a no-win situation based on purely negative interpretations for the consumer IMO. Rates will get raised regardless with the rationale that "hey, we can't see how you are driving now, so we're gonna assume it's bad". What data they have now can't be unseen so they'll use it to make their future projections. If you don't volunteer your info, you portray yourself as a bad risk. After all, others "have nothing to hide".

Its a sign of the times. Big Brother is watching you. If he can't watch, you'll be punished somehow.

The glaring "bad stat" that I think is totally unfair is so-called "hard-braking" incidents. That is too subjective and I would say hard-braking may avoid accidents and actually be safer. How can they know either way?

Outside of a comprehensive nation-wide law protecting privacy and stopping review of driving behavior that has no consequences of tickets and accidents, (don't hold your breath) I believe we are basically screwed either way. The issue is at the forefront now, but sadly will likely be forgotten again in the near future.

The accepted belief is your privacy is everybody else's business. We have gone down the slippery slope already in so many areas that recieve no push-back. In fact, the hope of the corporations and government is that we will volunteer, or even pay, to have our personal rights, privacy and freedoms destroyed.

Good luck to us all.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote