Thread: Katech Oil pump
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 08:49 AM   #8
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Pauly1119,

Just curious as to your oil pressures now with the new pump. I am curious to see what the Katech pump runs at idle, cruising and under throttle. I would like to compare to my ‘22’s pressure readings, which compared to my ‘18’s are excellent.

Thanks

JJ
At cold startup I’m seeing slightly above 40 psi, at full temp after driving it home I was slightly above 35 at idle. With my stock pump I would see 40 psi at startup and just at 30 or slightly below at full temp so not a huge difference. The big difference is under throttle. I drove it pretty easy on the way home as I’m not sure if there is any break in period but I was between 50 and 60 psi under throttle between 2 and 3k rpm’s. I would only see those pressures with the old pump when I really got on it. Even the mechanic said he is sold on these katech pumps, he was showing the other techs in the shop how much of a difference it has under throttle. The tech said he doesn’t see this response with the C7 Z06’s either. Hopefully it’s the way it’s supposed to be. I can take some pics or videos when I get a chance.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote