View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 09:28 AM   #1980
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Here are a few of my random thoughts. EVs are not a new automotive concept. The concept has been around for decades. It has been as recent as a decade that EVs are slowly but surely approaching the mainstream automotive genre. Its acceptance continues to be mixed, and some of the reasoning is valid.

One of those reasonings is reliability. As far as a mode of transportation, EVs (in my experience) are fine utensils of transportation. They can reach your destination with far less noise and pollution. The issue comes with re-charging and re-energizing. On average it takes far more time to re-charge a battery cell, and at this writing it is unclear about options for battery servicing and replacement.

In terms of real world reliability and acceptance, EVs have yet to exceed modern ICE vehicles. There are some factions that will refuse to give up ICE for EVs. If push came to shove, the majority of ICE owners will simply buy more Honda Civics, Toyota Corollas, and Chevrolet Silverado (yours truly included). ICE vehicles have endured at least ten decades of advancement, and the end result of some advancements are astonishing. Those advancements include power at any displacement, improved fuel efficiency, and technology advancements aimed at ICE vehicles.

However, I feel that alternative energy sources are needed, and should continue to advance in development and marketing. The objective should always be to develop an improvement in the means of reliable transportation for all.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote