Thread: Compresor issue
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 07:16 AM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
a compressor can be failing and still deliver cold air. You would have to connect some gauges and see what the high and low pressures are.

I had to replace the compressor on my turbo car because I over tightened the mounting bolts when reconnecting after the engine build. I was tightening and suddenly heard refrigerant leaking. As said, it can be a PITA. You need to be able to vac down the system with an AC pump if you open it up. Cleaning it with aerosol cleaner is a good idea before you reassemble and vac it. These systems won't open the low side to take refrigerant unless there is a certain amount of pressure. When my AC acted up last year, I had to take it to a shop to have them add refrigerant with a reclaim machine. My issue was the valve by the radiator, which is a very common problem. A new valve is <$10 but recharging the system is >$100. if you want to do a quick check, remove the cap and put your finger over the valve. If you feel a pressure build up, it's bad. You can also use soapy water and look for bubbles.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote