View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 08:37 AM   #12
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Not many people give a crap about what anyone paid for theirs 2, 3 or 4 years ago. If that was the case, I got a really good deal out the door when new for mine with the GM family discount.

The question is, how well have they held up as far as floor prices today since 9-12 years ago? If you went out the door right now to go buy one, what do you expect to pay?

It seems depreciation isn't too horrible. Obviously the more rare the options and mileage and condition are driving factors. Plus the pocket depth of the buyers. There are those buyers out there that have lots of cash to burn and don't mind paying someone's asking price so they can get a car tomorrow.

These so-called desirable cars aren't quite as hot as they once were. I think it's in the lull period where it comes to the fork in the road. Either the prices will start increasing, or they're going to simply fall off the cliff. Parts availability problems we all suffer from (or will) could make people reconsider as well. Mag ride don't work any more? Tough.

Way too many factors to consider when buying one of these cars. There will be motivated sellers trying to just get rid of the car for whatever reason and will practically give the car away. The lucky buyer gets a deal. Then there's the ones who have NO idea about pricing and think it's only depreciated by $5K since new. They end up keeping the car unless they find that one silly fish out there. What I consider a good deal might not be for someone else.

Just have about $40-45K in your pocket on average, and I think you should be able to find something in the ZL1 skin to suit your needs. Always keep your eyes peeled for the good deal, though.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote