View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 10:12 AM   #70
Judy1le

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I am debating doing that. I bought my 1le to track but honestly I can only make it out to track 5 times a year at most. I wouldn’t track the car with heads cam. Can’t imagine it being reliable on track after going that far away from stock.

Heads cam 1le would be a lot more fun on the street. Only thing is I’d have to be 100% certain I’m keeping the 1le 10+ years. All heads cam packages are over 12 grand around me. Selling a modified car is tough and I can’t stomach spending 12 grand and then selling it a few years later.
When its built right with it being properly specced, it can indeed be more reliable than stock, getting rid of some of the AFM/DOD valvetrain components from the factory. A head/cam set up that wont beat the snot out of the valvetrain and quality components would make for a great street/track set up. There are companies that spintron validate their cam and valvetrain set ups like BTR, Katech, etc etc.

If you dont intend to keep the car then I understand your perspective from that viewpoint.
Judy1le is offline   Reply With Quote