View Single Post
Old 03-23-2024, 11:06 AM   #59
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Also to anyone interested about my decision I decided no on the gt350. The 19/20’s cost the same as 19/20 zl1’s and the torque discrepancy is significant between the 2. My 1le also feels a lot more fun since putting new gas in it and driving it awhile with the new gas so I do think I had some type of bad gas/octane issue making the car feel noticeably slower.

I drove a few other cars since.

C6 z06- never meet your hero’s. That car kicks the ass end out too easily

S197 gt500 - very strongly considering this because it’s just down right brutal and while it is bad at putting the power down it’s very controllable.

6th Gen manual zl1- really need to find one to drive. If I like it enough I can possibly slow myself to go backwards year wise. Just cannot find one near me to test drive
I'd say you made a good decision on the GT350.

I've not driven a C7 Z06, but what you are describing is what I've heard about the car.

As for the ZL1 I agree that you should test drive one. However, having owned both a 1LE and a ZL1 l can tell you that they are basically the same car except for the difference in horsepower and torque. The gearing is also taller in the ZL1 manual too. The difference in power is real and you can feel it. The ZL1 will accelerate to illegal speeds so fast that you have to really pay attention.

Because of the LT4s power the rear end of the ZL1 does feel more loose, but not in terms of it coming out from under you. That's mainly due to the rear cradle bushings and the extra power. I just ordered the BMR suspension cradle lockout kit for my ZL1. That should help firm up the cradle. Some people add this kit to the SS or SS 1LE, but I never felt the cradle move in my 1LE.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)

Last edited by ZPirate; 03-23-2024 at 01:26 PM.
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote