View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM   #7
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Pretty sure GM has its butt covered here. Note in the article GM says you have to have accepted it 3 times. Of course the first is telling your insurance company “no”. Now if your insurance company sparks in a way that sounds like, “would you like to enroll in a safe driver program to help save you money?” Then that’s part of he problem. The other is if you just down load the app you are likely enrolling automatically if you don’t know to un enroll from he start.

I am going through he EXACT same thing with my new VW. And you should read who they are just selling your contact information to.

This is not just GM or OnStar. It’s every OEM with connected vehicles and services. It’s only a matter of whether they are more transparent than GM seems to be.
When the app updates it auto-reenrolls you. The other kicker is it showed off for smart driver in the app but when I logged in on the web browser it turned on again! I did NOT hit accept on anything 3 times. If someone can prove what I just said I think they aren’t covered. Re-enrolling because of an update is not the same thing as someone accepting 3 times.

Also when I first got my car I was not enrolled on the app but was enrolled in the website again. They are being devious and they know it. I feel a jury would be on the peoples side when this point gets brought up. The first oem to have an easy way of disabling this crap will get my money for my next car.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote