View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 10:44 PM   #13
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
At this point I'm not really at liberty to discuss anything other than that we are aware of the desire for ODB2 integration. Are there any other features anyone would like to see I might pass along? I'll keep you guys posted with what I can, when I can. I will say that I have been approached about doing some track testing when the time comes. This will likely occur on the road course at the NC Center for Automotive Research. Hopefully we can discuss some things by then.
www.nccar.us
Hardware wise, I'd love something that is similar to the Race Capture Track V2 (not the V3). Small and light accelerometer puck that can be mounted nearly anywhere quickly and non-permanently (like velcro to carpeting). Separate GPS antenna. OBD connection reading CAN. It has to be CAN (with as many presets as possible). If it's just basic OBD PIDs, who cares?

I'd like it to connect connect via bluetooth to multiple devices on multiple platforms because I'd want to use with Solostorm running on an Android tablet for logging and review and iOS on my phone with a Catalyst-like display doing Catlyst-like coaching while running.

If it doesn't give me anything I can't do now with a Race Capture Track V2 plus tablet plus external video camera of my choosing, I'm not going to be interested.

If it's under $500, I'll buy it. If it's $501-$750, I'll have to see it in action and be convinced it's "better" (but I'll almost certainly buy it anyway in a late night or early morning "ef it"). If it's over $750, I'll buy one...used at something far south of $750 or go without.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote