View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 10:25 AM   #5
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I am not so sure I would keep my car at this dealership, but if they did the damage to your engine then you pretty much have to until this issue is resolved.
What that dealership is telling you doesn't add up. Sounds like they are trying to hose you or they don't know what they are talking about or they are just giving you worst case scenario.
It doesn't cost 4k to get to the oil pump, that is for sure. And if they pan is "full of metal" then why haven't they confirmed that?
I still believe your claim is with GM and the original denial of the warranty work the first time when you had low pressure. You have good documentation of everything.
The problem with getting lawyers involved is the amount of money. You are going to spend $10-20k to litigate this and it will take months, possibly a year or more. I've been thru it, not with cars but other things and it doesn't work like TV.
I would start by escalating the issue with GM and getting upper management or even owners of the dealership involved to resolve the issue. Then get the states attorney general involved.
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote