View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 10:33 AM   #1
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
170K Mile Engine Refresh

What's up Camaro 5. Looking for some advice. Trying to build up my '11 SS LS3 to be something I can take to the drag strip and not be completely humiliated. I installed a BTR Trinity intake, Nick Williams 103 MM TB, got a decent tune, big cam, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mccleod twin disc racing clutch. Doing the street tuning portion after my intake manifold change, I noticed I have a bit of an oil leak. Which will get you banned from any drag strip in the country. So I had to address the leak. Its my oil pan gasket. So I got the frame crossmember modded to be able to drop the oil pan.

The guy who welded up the crossmember for me drained the oil in anticipation of dropping the pan. He said lots of coolant, and metal shavings came out with the oil. Which means its time to rip her apart and have it professionally gone through. It's an LS3, 170K miles. I want to start this with, I'm going to have to save my money for any of this. I cant afford it right now, so I'm trying to plan ahead. So since I'm planning, I'm turning to you all to help me plan.

Should I upgrade the heads since they're coming off anyways? Should I upgrade the Rods/Pistons? The more parts I have to buy, the longer I will have to save my money, which means longer till I get to drive it again, but since its coming apart there's no better time. I want it to still be a street car.. I love her and hate not being able to drive her, but I want to enjoy the track experience as well. I swapped to a trunion kit, and upgraded the lifters when I did the CAM change, along with new timing chain, lifter trays, all the basic internals. What would be best for me to change/ buy/ get installed while the engine is apart? As always, thanks for any inputs.
Attached Images