View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 06:26 PM   #16
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Don't the newer Coyotes have an oil consumption problem? And what about the Voodoo vibration issues? Ford might make an acceptable platform for short-term excitement but I think the LS/LT engine is better for the long haul as thier shortcomings are probably easier and cheaper to overcome. On a side note, it's pretty easy to find an early C6 Z that has already had the heads done. Not TOO crazy price wise either. 😉
Are you talking Gen IV? Cause the earlier gens don’t really have oil consumption issues. And yes I acknowledged way earlier about the Voodo before my thread turned into a Ford vs Chevy reliability thread. I disagree about the LT being cheaper than the coyote to fix. The coyote is pretty stout but on the rare occasion you do have a cam phaser issue I’d rather deal with that versus a lifter issue in the LTX engines. Oil pump gears aren’t a problem unless you’re bouncing off the limiter. GM cars though seem to have oil pump issues without bouncing off the limiter. Again just going by my personal experience.

I literally think about getting a used c6z everyday. Done a ton of research on it but unless I know the person personally, I don’t know if I want to buy someone’s heads cam car. Not to mention maintenance in general is higher on the vette ie having to drop the entire rear subframe just to do a clutch. Still one of my dream cars though.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is online now   Reply With Quote