View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 12:10 PM   #4
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8egoV4capabilities View Post
That's what I was thinking about it's age but I also have not found any comparables for sale with similar miles. It seems like most places are asking low to mid 30's for those years with around 40k or so miles. It doesn't feel like a good deal but then I compare it to what's out then and in that regard it seems fairly priced.
Asking price is very different from selling price. All the places and people asking high prices are just sitting on their vehicles. Go look at the classifieds section here. Everyone’s cars who are asking close to their msrp are sitting for 2+ months.

Check how long the dealer has had that car listed for sale. If it’s multiple months, they have been paying interest and floor plan costs on it. Make a lowball offer and settle right in the middle if you truly want the car. Don’t be afraid to do this. Guarantee you they paid somewhere between 28-31.5k for that car. They aren’t afraid to low ball and neither should you. It’s business, don’t worry about hurting their feelings. Dealers are hoping people remain used to overpaying for used cars when that is NOT what they have been doing at auctions and on trade in the last 6 months. The market has turned and these cars are losing value everyday. Private sellers are hoping to get their original msrp’s but that ain’t happening anymore. If they overpaid for their cars they are hoping someone will overpay for theirs. With interest rates as high as they are all these cars (not just Camaro’s) have been sitting.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote