View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 07:00 PM   #31
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I'm routinely putting 3 wheels in the back seat and one in the trunk. There still room in the trunk for jack, 2 stands, and a relatively small tote for essential tools and quart of oil. But little room is left for clothes tote, helmet, and cooler. Those all go on the passenger seat and passenger foot well. Doable? Yes. Fun packing and unpacking? Nope
Clothes go in a duffle / gym bag with a shoulder strap that is flexible enough to pack inside a wheel haha. I've packed almost 2 weeks worth of clothes into the car along with 4 wheels with tires mounted multiple times. Wheel in the trunk goes face down so you can pack spare boxes of brake pads or other stuff inside. Line the wheel barrel with cardboard or a foam square to protect it from the stuff you pack inside.

Lunchbox with 3 frozen ice packs in the built in zipper zlots holds 2x 28oz Powerade bottles, 4x 20oz water bottles, and a sandwich and stays cool all day if not in direct sunlight. They used to be stocked by Walmart but it seems that Bed Bath and Beyond is the only place to get them now. There's probably other similar ones available from different brands. It easily fits in a wheel but I prefer to keep it by my right elbow so I can access it while driving on the street.

Helmet goes on the 1.5 ton aluminum jack where the handle would normally go. I pack it last near the trunk opening with helmet near one side of the trunk in case I get a flat and/or need to show my helmet for tech before unpacking the car.

It does take about an hour to pack it all back up and it needs to be done in a specific order but the car fits a surprising amount of stuff if you pack it well.

Wheel on the passenger seat blocks the side mirror in my experience...great way to have an accident before you even arrive at the track event.

This 18 gallon tote fits nicely on the passenger seat without blocking the side mirror and holds tons of spares. I would recommend a slightly smaller tote if your wheels are any wider than stock SS 1LE wheels. It is too tight of a fit with the ZLE wheels in the car but I can just squeeze it in. Don't forget you can pack stuff in the passenger footwell but you might have to rotate or remove the tote to get it out at your hotel.

A box with a padlock on it might signal to a thief that there's something valuable inside. If the thief can grab the locked box and steal it they will have plenty of time to find a way around the lock later somewhere where they don't look suspicious doing it.

Last edited by cdrptrks; 02-01-2024 at 07:23 PM.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote