View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 08:44 PM   #14
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I guess you have not been watching Barrett Jackson that has been on tv the last few days. My god the prices people are paying for vehicles is just mind blowing! There is plenty of money out there and where these people are getting it is beyond me. Each year that I watch the auction I say the vehicles just will not ever bring more than what someone just bought it for then dang the next year they bring more and more. There has to be a stopping point somewhere. But where? The newer model stuff is bringing pretty good money with the hellcats doing the best redeyes bring damn good money and of course the Demon 170 breaks the bank. The camaro's are not doing that good and it concerns me. But I did not buy mine to worry much about that. I hope though maybe in 10 more years they will. I really do think someday we will see these ZL1's bring really good money but at my age I probably will not be here to find out since I am older than dirt!
I don't expect any huge sudden jump in prices. Why would they? Historically what muscle car has? Made in big numbers.
I love the '69 looks and they hold the most value of the old Camaros. There were the 6pak mopars and 426 hemi's which I'd compare more to the Hellcats and redeyes. The demons are more like the old ZL1 427s or something rare.
Mechum isn't the best way to determine values. Someone bids up something they have an itch for and money burning a hole in their pocket and compete not to be "beaten" in their bid from that other SOB. I'm surprised real V8s are popular at all having witnessed that 4cyl scene that replaced all the V8 magazine covers with 20s and under crowd. I thought that was their end.
Supply and demand. For every 1 that prefers the superior Camaro there are 9 that follow the crowds and go for the Dodge. I said this years ago before they made the RE or Demon and the prediction still holds true.
The epa restrictions get worse and worse. I know you don't feel it yet where you are and you might not in your lifetime but they continue to get worse. In California not only do they inspect it they plug into the OBD and if there is the tinyest bit of a tune even, say, changing the fan temp it fails.
The Tesla 3 Performance costs a fraction of a Redeye new ZL1 or Demon and will smoke them on the street 0-60 or 1/8 or 1/4 not because of more hp but more traction with AWD. I don't always agree with the If you can't beat 'em Join 'em. But I'm going to be sticking to EV performance.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote