View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 10:07 AM   #5
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Thanks Andrew!

I do have a target of 1100-1200whp as the ceiling. Doubtful I would try to go higher than that, at least on this setup. If later on, I decide to go full race, then perhaps. It is a turbo setup, but certainly wont live at max effort all the time.

I feel pretty certain that I'm going to want a 6 bolt head setup to reach my goals. I see you made no mention of the LSX block, any reason for that?

ATM I have no preference between the LSX and the Dart block. And seems to be a good mix of both in the LS community. That is why I am gathering opinions on it. To understand why people go one way vs the other...

I lean towards the Dart for higher quality and strength, fitment of factory parts (pan, oil filter, accessories), priority main oiling, and options for bore size, deck height, cam position, main style, etc to suit just about any need.

Agree that 6-bolt heads should be on your list for sure if the eventual number is probably more like 1200whp. I'd fill an LS Next 4.125x4.000 with a Callies Magnum crank and Ultra H-beam rods along with a piston matched to the head type and volume to hit my target SCR
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote