Thread: Insurance Rates
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 10:01 AM   #12
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogueleader_92 View Post
Everyone should find an insurance BROKER, they are free agents that sell all kinds of insurance with all the major companies plus tons of lesser known ones who keep their prices down by not spending their customers money on things like advertising.

I give my broker my info, what levels of insurance including deductibles ($100) and if I want things like under/uninsured (always get these) and he comes back with the best 3 prices (800/6months for my 3LT Camaro, 1100 total for my wife's '11 Cruze included). If the prices go up I can just call him and ask for a new round of quotes, if nothing has changed on my end that's a 30 second conversation, he just uses my last set of info and a few hours later he has new quotes or tells me I'm still doing best where I am.
Brokers are not fiduciaries but they may find you lower rates. They also have to make money and they do it on a percentage of the premium and/or commission. Often you can get a better rate by rate shopping on your own and eliminating another expense in the middle.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote