View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 01:59 AM   #34
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
For most of the past year, my expectation is that I was going to install the Hertz HCX690 coaxial speakers in the rear deck of the Camaro. I’ve been excited about these, as they are the best sounding coaxial speakers I’ve heard. However, this car does not lend itself to a rear speaker installation given the very short distance between glass and deck. With the rear glass removed, it’s possible to do an awesome install. Installation from below is complicated by a lack of access to one screw hole and a lip that prevents proper mating to the mounting adapter.

So this effort included Resonix CLD on the rear deck cover, which doubled the weight. I then applied Resonix Fibermat45 and CL3 CCF gasketing,

I used the factory jute sound absorption as a template, then cut the Fibermat45 accordingly.

You have to consider the visible effects of products behind a speaker grill, here you can see white fibermat, before I added black CCF

With the black CCF, the exterior view will be clean:

After the fibermat45, I added the thin CCF from Resonix to create a soft surface to isolate any possible buzzes or rattles against the metal framing.

Lastly, we also need to close up the rear speaker holes, and Resonix Barrier is perfect for this application. So I cut CLD strips to adhere the edges of the Barrier to the metal, which is also held down by the Fibermat45.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote