View Single Post
Old 09-20-2023, 09:31 AM   #24
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
Almost done with the door speaker brackets, they weigh about 10x as much now and are acoustically dead. Just need fasteners, will be using 6-32 bolts. This is also a view of the drivers being used. Hertz is my go-to speaker manufacturer and what we have here is a ML28 tweeter, HL70 midrange, and ML165 woofer for a front 3-way. The HCX-690 will go in the rear deck but will be turned off for windows-up SQ listening with an excellent sound stage, and the rear 6x9 will be engaged for windows-down louder listening without a focus on a sound stage. I'm excited to hear what the rears can do when they are that close to the rear glass. The challenge is that I'll need to build enclosures for the rear deck speakers so the subwoofer doesn't manipulate them. It's a lot of work for something that will usually just be off.

Ready to start treating the floor:

Every time I look at this sealant applied on the floor / metal sheet of the car (by a robot most probably), I think the factory does it for acoustic reasons? Am I right? Or it's just my imagination?
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote