View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 04:20 AM   #9
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Looking REALLY GOOD George! I read your post in the other thread and saw you now have a 383. Excellent move. I know the LS swaps are popular but the 383 is IMO a great way to go for power and ease of installation. I bet it will be a blast (and a handful) with the manual transmission.

Thank you.
Swap LS is not even possible here.
Here in Europe and the European Union, the regulations are so strict that it is almost a dictatorship.

My 1978 Camaro has registration and historic vehicle status. So basically I can only use period parts. TKX alone instead of Muncie or T10 Borg Warner isn't quite right. But since the transmission is deep inside the car and the only indicator is 5th gear on the gear ball - otherwise everything is built to original condition, so there shouldn't be a problem.

But you deserve credit, American boys

A 45-year-old car, aftermarket parts a few weeks old, and everything fits exactly to the millimeter. And I am absolutely fascinated by the stiffness of the shift return spring.
It's so "boyish" and nice old school!

I'm still waiting for an aluminum cardan with the correct length to arrive sometime at the end of September and I'll try how the car wakes up. I expect a very big change compared to the TH350.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote