View Single Post
Old 08-04-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
2022 was a pretty awful year for my Camaro

I don't know how much I've updated everyone on this site about anything that's gone on with my 2012 Camaro. Last year after I bought a new DD, I decided it was time to save up and build up my Camaro. I've never had a cammed/stalled v8, so I decided to take my car to a performance shop and get the L99 built.

After the car was built, my engine spun 2 crank bearings while on the dyno and destroyed the engine. It was considered a catastrophic failure and I could either wait 9+ months for a machine shop to rebuild my engine, or purchase a crate LS3, build that one, and drop that in. So that's the path that I decided to take.

All was great! I was loving life (and hating my empty wallet) but enjoying the Camaro despite what happened. Then on December 16th, a tree in my backyard decided that it no longer wanted to be standing and took out my whole garage, totaled my Buick TourX, and damaged the Camaro.

For 5 long months I fought with my insurance company to not total the Camaro because of all of the money I had in it. My insurance company at the time did not want to repair the car, they wanted to just write me a check for $15k and send me on my way. Hard to accept that since I wrote $18k worth of checks just a few months prior building 2 engines, adding the stall, getting the ZL1 splitter and rockers painted and installed...

Working with my body shop and a lawyer, I was able to submit a slew of paperwork that allowed the shop to repair the car instead of total it, and allow me to keep my clean title.

Well just the other week, I finally got the car back! New glass all around (minus the back window) and a completely new paint job. She's looking better than ever!

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote