View Single Post
Old 05-09-2023, 02:24 PM   #37
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
wanted to make an addition to this post for who it might benefit as they push more power. My green HD gates belt snapped a few nights ago. I guess I've still been having belt slip without really realizing it since I was still beating most anything I came across. The other pulleys were pretty mangled. I'm upgrading to the DSX pulley system with the LT5 tensioner and a 10 rib conversion. I've seen some other posts about the whipple and maggie having this same issue when you start pushing high boost. Just curious if anyone else had run into a similar issue before.
I had a very small rub mark on my belt. Took it to my build shop and put it in the air. Builder showed me small spot on torsion bar where belt hit.

When the car lifts off it's suspension in the front, the bar comes up. Some pully combos might be susceptible to causing a rub on the belt. Lift off on the line just might be enough but, we are not experts. There are very high up / down hills where I live with a lot of open farm land. The car has hill topped a couple of times and I am now more carefull. Keeping a close eye on this and we will space the bar more away from the area if it shows again.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote