View Single Post
Old 01-09-2023, 03:49 PM   #23
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
This thread is phenomenal. Thank you for sharing!

As a fellow ZLE owner (2018 MY with 22,000 miles on the clock since I bought it new), I've done similar mods - SPL Rear Toe Rod, ADM V2 etc.

I also have the Katech Ported Throttle Body that significantly improves the throttle action for the car (with no off the line bogging or hesitation).

I switched to the Falken RT660's for the Street (from MPS4S) and couldn't be happier. Strongly suggest it for backroad drives or the track.

I am an active HPDE enthusiast and I firmly believe this is the best track car GM has ever sold bone stock. As a young dad - can't think of a better car for the money that is this exceptional for under $150k.

My previous ownership history (Descending) -
  • 2016 C7 Z06
  • 2011 BMW M3 (E9X)
  • 2003 BMW M3 (E46)
  • 2004 BMW Z4M

My local home track is Summit Point Main. I think you should definitely check it out.
Thanks for the compliment and glad you're enjoying the thread so far.

Good feedback on the ported TB. I've been considering getting one and am always tempted when they pop up in the marketplace, but I may wait a bit and do a series of mods at once -- thinking Kong X port, TB, supporting fueling mods, etc. I'm certainly enjoying the car as-is and may keep her in her current state as long as I'm still popping in quicker lap times. By keeping the car largely the same, I have some level of certainty that I'm continuing to improve as a driver. Once I plateau (I think I can still improve another 2-3 seconds at WGI), I'll start with the go-fast-goodies.

I'll keep the Falkens in mind as well. Honestly, my PS4S tires will probably die of old age before I wear through them. Not a lot of street miles -- mostly trips to and from tracks.

I wholeheartedly agree about the value of this car in general and specifically for HPDE. All of the Porsche guys at the events are super impressed with the capabilities of the ZLE. And I've had two instructors blown away by how "nice" the interior is. I've gotten the, "Whoa. This is a Chevy?" I love that the Camaro team was able to build this monster. Whenever I read about Camaro sales or think about the lack of marketing across all trim levels of Camaro, I can't help but feel bad for the Camaro engineering team who clearly built the best car in the segment and one that can compete with the European cars 2-3x the price and, yet, didn't get the support from GM that they deserved.

Summit Point is on the list for this upcoming season! The tracks I'm trying to get to in 2023 are:
- Watkins Glen
- VIR
- Summit Point
- NJMP - Thunderbolt
- NJMP - Lightning
- Pitt Race
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote