View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #42
22LT1Camaro

Drives: 22 LT1
Creepy company, yikes.

I just called them and asked for them to completely disconnected everything. The customer service rep had to transfer me to technical service to process a "Decline in Service". When I was connected to that department, I asked for that and to remove reporting to third parties.

They said they would completely deactivate the hardware in the vehicle while placed on a 3 to 4 minute hold - a few minutes later they said my account was closed and hardware was deactivated.

I asked what information was sent to a 3rd party, they said mileage and "diagnostic data" (which, I did request - and the entire reason I activated on the account in the first place).

They stated the data was shared with State Farm for "discounts."

They couldn't tell me what specific data was shared, and when I asked for them to provide me a record of me consenting to data being shared, they provided me yet another telephone number to call. I haven't done that yet.

So, TL;DR They were transparent with specifically providing data to STATE FARM. I'm not sure how transparent or informed the rep was regarding what data was shared. Despite sounding foreign, they seemed to take my inquiry rather seriously.

I also looked into opting out of LexisNexis but their web app requires input of a Social Security # - which is even creepier.

MANY MANY THANKS to the OP for sharing this info.
22LT1Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote