View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 10:45 PM   #30
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Well... i made a little more progress today...

Started by disassembling the heads and cleaning them inside and out.
Debating whether or not to hand port them... Photos below of some of the carbon build up on the valves and valve seats.

Then I dis-assembled the blower and got it ready to ship to katech for porting. With the HX bricks out of the blower I mocked it up on a head, and bolted it up to see how good transition is between the blower runner and intake port. I guess i was not surprised to a large step and some generally rough casting.

After that I switched gears and installed my new front HX from DMS. Install was not bad at all... but you need to be patient as the HX is tricky to acess the bolts, and there are alot of clips attached to the crash bar that need to be removed. Be patient and be prepared to clean up some coolant. This thing is so much larger, and should work great with the Synergy 2 gallon fender tank... the system will have double the capacity or more! anyway... photos below. Not sure what ill do tomorrow.. stay tuned
Oh, one last thing... the $18 red LS style valve spring tool worked great!
NOTE: for those doing this at home... I found it tricky to prevent the valves from opening while using the tool. I tried rags but that didnt work. So i ended up using the (4) red polyurethane bushings from my motor mounts and place one under each chamber on the table, then clamped the head down and Viola! Keep in mind it takes alot more pressure then you might imagine to pop the locks off. Keep your magnet and zip lock baggies handy
Attached Images

ALL the BMR Read End Goodies + BMR Motor Mounts + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Big Gulp + GMS High Flow Crash Bar
DMS Front HX + Fender Tank + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + TOYO 305/345 R888R's = 775rwhp 815rwtq @E55 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote