View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 09:14 AM   #11
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Was another awesome Fest! Can't wait till '23!

Many thanks to all the organizers, a ton of work of your behalf is very appreciated.

I loved those occasional passing showers, cooled things off nicely, zero impact on my enjoyment of all the fest goings on. That Friday afternoon passing monsoon was amazing. Impressive amount of water, build an Arc type of monsoon. And it was gone as fast as it came, no biggie/ Just have to be careful with the pop up tents... really weighted down for nice weather - take them down for storms approaching. Storms pass so quick in Southern . And wind gusts even in clear skies come out of the blue.

If you have a good plan for pop up tent weights/anchoring for clear weather and taking down for an approaching storm... summer KY fest weather is awesome. If you just pop up a shade tent on a hope and a prayer... it will likely fly into your surrounding neighbors cars and trucks. I luckily caught one tent in the pits headed right for me... and that was in perfectly clear weather, just a gust.

Love the KY heat and occasional wildness! Make '23 hotter and wilder! I'll keep bringing the electrolytes and tent weights.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote