View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 02:07 PM   #11
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
But it does not say they cannot mark it up, right? it only says they cannot ask form more than XX down.

And if the dealers are the face of the company, they have a lot bigger problem than markups or large down payments.

EDIT: And I am expecting the same thing from the Audi dealer when I go in for the RS3. But the experience it top notch.

That is why a lot of my GM buddies for years said Caddy should have taken Corvette and they should be separated from the rest of GM lineup.
GM has been dissuading dealers from placing markups on Corvette special models (Z06, ZR1, anniversary models, pace cars) since long before I started at GM. I am only talking about markups, not down payments.

At the end of the day, a dealer can do whatever they choose to do. But as with so many things in life, actions have consequences. Measure accordingly. I’ve seen dealers “advised” that if they felt compelled to set markups on models GM didn’t want marked up they could expect reduced allocations of those products and, in some cases, other high demand products. In other words, “ feel free to mark up that one ZR1. Meanwhile we’ll continue to prioritize allocations of Suburbans”.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote