View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:04 PM   #8
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The dealer operates as the face of the company to the public. People get their perception of how the company does business based on their interactions with the dealer. If Joe Public wants to buy a car from Bob’s GM Dealer and flip it for profit that’s his right as a citizen of the US of A. If Bob the GM Dealer decides he wants a cut of this and GM says “this doesn’t fit our image and plan for the product. Stick to the Dealership Agreement” Bob needs to stick to the Dealership Agreement. Or Bob should decide that he’d rather be Bob Public instead of a GM Dealer and do whatever the heck he wants with the car. He can’t (or at least shouldn’t) be allowed to behave one way sometimes and a different way only when it suits him.
But it does not say they cannot mark it up, right? it only says they cannot ask form more than XX down.

And if the dealers are the face of the company, they have a lot bigger problem than markups or large down payments.

EDIT: And I am expecting the same thing from the Audi dealer when I go in for the RS3. But the experience it top notch.

That is why a lot of my GM buddies for years said Caddy should have taken Corvette and they should be separated from the rest of GM lineup.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.

Last edited by FarmerFran; 01-21-2022 at 01:17 PM.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote