View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
I think that the writing was on the wall when Big Al got taken from the Camaro program.
Pretty sure he wasn't "taken".

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010REDSS View Post
They don't sell enough Camaros because they don't try.

When's the last time you saw a Camaro commercial from GM?

They totally gave up on the model. It isn't the styling (which is great), it isn't the performance (amazing), they just want to sell trucks and SUVs (and now EV's).

It's that simple and that sad. Don't overthink it.
OMG not this again.

Covered it so many times.

GM made a great Camaro, the best ever IMO. But to do that they accepted too many compromises that the other cars in the segment didn't. Trunk space, rear seat room (GM admitted this at launch) and of course the biggest the slammed roof, high belt line styling (read that as poor visibility). You cannot advertise your way to sales on vehicle which was designed and engineered for a very specific customer.

Best analogy is GM made the very best Left Handed catchers mitt. But you are saying if they advertised on TV, Right Handed players would most certainly buy it. If they only knew. GM knows this and it's why they don't advertise. It's already a very limited market and their car was designed to appeal to Camaro enthusiasts, not "sporty coupe" buyers, let alone the general public. And internally, GM knows this as well.

Sorry, but that is the reality that no one wants to see. If GM could make more money with a simple TV commercial it would have been done. Simple as that.

And lastly.....Ford doesn't advertise the Mustang and it is the segment leader, although the last data I saw showed the Challenger still gaining.